Pharmacology Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Adicet bio, Inc. is a privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company that is engaged in the development of cutting-edge immunotherapies for cancer and other diseases, with a focus on novel universal immune cell therapies. Adicet’s immune cell platform is complemented by expertise of its wholly owned subsidiary, Adicet Bio Israel Ltd., which identifies and validates novel disease specific peptide-MHC targets and generates T cell receptor-like antibodies that can be used to specifically target immune cells to diseased cells.
Adicet Bio was founded in late 2015 and closed a Series A financing of $51M in January 2016. This financing was led by OrbiMed and also included Novartis Venture Funds and Pontifax. In August 2016, Regeneron and Adicet Bio announced a strategic collaboration to discover and develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics, for which Adicet received a $25M upfront payment.
In September 2016, Adicet Bio was recognized and named by FierceBiotech to its “Fierce 15” Biotech Companies of 2016
- Construct human tumor xenograft mouse models (such as disseminated, subcutaneous and orthotopic models) to evaluate the in vivo efficacy of cell-based cancer therapeutics.
- Administer therapeutic agents through different routes (such as intraperitoneal and intravenous injection). Monitor effects on tumor growth by IVIS imaging or caliper measurements as well as overall animal health.
- Perform mechanism of action studies.
- Establish new human tumor models including patient derived xenograft models and assess their growth kinetics.
- Develop humanized mouse models for immunotherapy research. Support the characterization of these models using FACS analysis by collecting and analyzing tissue and/or blood samples.
- Summarize all in vivo data in power point slides and prepare study reports. Present the data at project team meetings and other forums when required.
- Ensures availability of appropriate experimental materials and reagents and the proper function of experimental equipment.
- Communicates effectively with line manager and group members as well as other research staff.
- BS or MS in biological sciences with a minimum of 2 years of experience in biological research, preferably in an industry setting.
- Previous experience in handling research rodents, especially different strains of immunodeficient mice is a must.
- Previous experiences in pre-clinical validation of cancer therapeutics using syngeneic and xenograft tumor model is preferred.
- Previous hands-on experience in operating IVIS machine for small animal imaging and flow cytometry is a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of applicable scientific discipline and various in vivo techniques is necessary.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic team environment and communicate effectively in both spoken and written forms.
- Effective trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.