Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Cellular & Molecular Biology
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
We are seeking a highly-motivated candidate with a strong basic research background in immunology and cell biology. This position requires expertise in multi color flow cytometry of immune cells, primary cell and tissue culture, general biochemical techniques such as transfections, western blotting, and ELISA. The successful candidate will work as a part of a multidisciplinary team, utilizing the latest technologies for cell engineering and contributing to the generation of novel cell based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company that is engaged in the development of cutting-edge immunotherapies for cancer and other disease indications, with a focus on novel universal immune cell therapies. Adicet’s immune cell platform is complemented by expertise of its wholly owned subsidiary, Adicet Bio Israel Ltd., which identifies and validates novel disease specific peptide-MHC targets and generates T cell receptor-like antibodies that can be used to specifically target immune cells to diseased cells.
Adicet Bio was founded in late 2015 and closed a Series A financing of $51M in Jan 2016. This financing was led by OrbiMed and also included Novartis Venture Funds and Pontifax. In August 2016, Regeneron and Adicet Bio announced a strategic collaboration to discover and develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics, for which Adicet received a $25M upfront payment.
In September 2016, Adicet Bio was recognized and named by FierceBiotech to its “Fierce 15” Biotech Companies of 2016.
Perform research activities including isolation of PBMCs, flow cytometry, generation of retroviral, lentiviral, AAV vectors, transduction and expansion of immune cells, various cell-based and biochemical assays (cytotoxicity, ELISA binding) to support the Adicet Bio Discovery Group. Analyze data and summarize for presentation to the team.
- BS or MS in biological sciences or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant academic and industry experience in immunology, cell and/or molecular biology
- Experience in multi-parameter/multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Hands on experience in primary cell culture, cell-based assays, immunoassays, western blotting and flow cytometry are required
- Demonstrated proficiency to work aseptically in tissue culture
- Experience with handling of human biological specimens, particularly blood, isolation of PBMC using density gradient centrifugation (Ficoll). Separation of B, T and NK cells by cell enrichment and depletion using magnetic beads, or sorting is preferred
- Experience with data processing software such as GraphPad Prism, FlowJo or similar is required
- Ability to work independently, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, organized and disciplined record keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills