Scientist, Functional Genomics
We are looking for an experienced laboratory research scientist to perform CRISPR/Cas9 functional genomics research based on lentiviral and RNP delivery methods. The successful hire will participate in cross-functional target identification and validation projects to support early drug discovery efforts in oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. They will develop cell-based functional assays using cell lines and primary cells, perform arrayed (384-well plate) and pooled CRISPR screens, using fluorescent cell sorting or high content imaging assays, and analyze screening data using various bioinformatic and statistical software. They will also collaborate extensively with scientists across diverse functional and therapeutic areas in matrix research environment.Level will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- B.S. or M.S. in cell and molecular biology, or in a related discipline, with 5+ (BS) or 3+ (MS) years of experience in laboratory research
- Extensive experience in cell-based functional assay development is required. Experience in transfection, nucleofection, lentiviral transduction, flow cytometry, or iPSC, and primary cells is desired but not required.
- Candidates experienced in HTS lab automation, liquid handling, or high-content cell imaging analysis will be favorably considered.
- Strong skills in molecular analytic methods including DNA/RNA isolation, PCR primer design, molecular cloning, genotyping, qPCR, and western blot are required.
- Basic conceptual understanding of broad genomic technologies such as next-gen sequencing, RNA Seq, RNAi (shRNA/siRNA), and CRISPR gene editing is required.
- Ability to learn new skills and apply them in a fast-paced research environment is a must.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving skills, and attention to details are required.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are desired. Ability to work independently as well as in a team is a must.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled