10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are looking for an exceptional scientist to drive new research and product development efforts in our Molecular Biology department. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing creative and novel molecular biology protocols for solving complex biological problems, as well as a broad understanding of next generation sequencing and its applications. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, applications, chemistry, microfluidics and engineering.
- Conceive and develop novel molecular biology assay schemes for the 10x Genomics technology platform, including molecular barcoding, amplification and library preparation strategies
- Plan and perform systematic workflow and reagent optimization by modeling, identification of limiting steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- Contribute molecular biology expertise and leadership to cross-disciplinary product development teams
- Work closely with computational biologists to interpret data generated by novel and optimized assay schemes
- Work closely with process development staff to develop quality control and manufacturing strategies for novel or optimized reagents
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a similar field with a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience in academia and/or industry
- Proven ability to design novel molecular biology assay schemes, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, published patents or launched products
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- A strong desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in single-cell genomics, functional genomics or immunology
- Experience developing high-throughput assays based on next generation sequencing
- Experience in computational analysis of next-generation sequencing data
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.