Scientist I, Lead Discovery
Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist with strong expertise in Biochemistry to join our Lead Discovery team.
You will engage in establishing and supporting early drug discovery efforts targeting E3 ligases in the areas of Oncology and Immuno-Oncology, by utilizing the mechanistic and structural insights to guide drug discovery efforts. You will conceive and conduct experiments to support early discovery including lead compound identification and elucidation of the mechanism of action of small molecule drug candidate targets in the ubiquitin proteasome system.
You will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and present findings to project teams and senior management. You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability to incorporate new methodologies into your work.
Ideally, you will be self-driven, highly organized, focused and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Biophysics or related field with 2-5 years of post-degree experience and previous experience in ubiquitin biology
- Strong background with hands-on experience in interrogating protein-protein or protein-ligand interaction
- Expertise in general biochemical and molecular biology techniques including protein expression and purification
- Experience in the development, optimization and execution of various biochemical and biophysical binding and activity assays
- Prior experience in small molecule structure-based drug discovery to advance therapeutic program is a plus
- A strong track record (publications, industry experience) with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strongly aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; team-oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach
Nurix is a science-focused company that is committed to bringing novel, first-in-class therapies to patients. Nurix is a leader in discovering a new class of drugs that work by modulating E3 ubiquitin ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS). The UPS is a regulatory network that controls protein stabilization and degradation – a function vital to the healthy life of a cell – offering therapeutic opportunities in multiple disease areas. Nurix’s scientific team has established an innovative drug discovery platform to identify selective inhibitors or activators of the UPS, enabling the development of novel therapeutics that can restore normal cellular homeostasis.
Nurix was founded by internationally recognized experts in the UPS field and received its initial funding from leading life science investors, Third Rock Ventures and The Column Group. In 2015, Nurix entered into a multi-year strategic collaboration with Celgene to discover and develop next-generation therapies targeting protein homeostasis in oncology, immunology and inflammation, including the rapidly evolving field of immuno-oncology.
Nurix is based in San Francisco’s biotechnology hub, Mission Bay – where academia and industry come together for cutting-edge life-saving research.