CytoVale is a medical diagnostics startup that is addressing a critical medical need in early sepsis diagnostics. Our groundbreaking approach published in PNAS and Science Translational Medicine, exploits microfluidic phenomena and employs high-speed microscopic imaging to measure mechanical properties of single cells at high throughput. We are searching for a full-time Research Associate to join our fast-paced team. We are seeking a dynamic individual interested in contributing to the experimental work and laboratory operations in support of our technical and clinical projects. This is excellent training for individuals interested in life science research and laboratory management. This individual will work directly with the technical team within the company.
- Inspect and assemble cartridges following quality control procedures
- Enter and monitor data from experimental, clinical study, and log records
- Fabricate microfluidic devices following standardized laboratory protocols
- Assist with R&D experiments in collaboration with team
- Annotate and label sets of cell images in support of data science efforts
- Assist with clinical trial maintenance of inventory and supplies
- Operate and maintain equipment
- Oversee lab management: including inventory, ordering, shipping/receiving and servicing instruments etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university either in life science or engineering field OR have 2 years work experience in biotechnology / life science related position
- Fast learner who can follow instructions closely and perform detailed protocols
- Attention to detail and effective communicator
- Hands on laboratory experience a plus