External Manufacturing Supplier Relationship Manager
Adicet Bio, Inc. is a well-funded, privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company that is engaged in the development of cutting-edge immunotherapies that have the potential to profoundly transform the treatment of cancer and other diseases and we are growing!
ABOUT ADICET BIO
Adicet is developing the next generation immunotherapies by generating a pipeline of allogeneic gamma delta T cell products engineering with CAR or TCR. In addition,
Adicet’s immune cell platform is complemented by its ability to identify and validate novel disease specific peptide-MHC targets and generates T cell receptor-like antibodies directed against these disease-specific peptide MHC complexes.
Adicet Bio was founded in late 2015 and closed a Series A financing of $51M in Jan 2016. This financing was led by OrbiMed and also included Novartis Venture Funds and Pontifax. In August 2016, Regeneron and Adicet Bio announced a strategic collaboration to discover and develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics, for which Adicet received a $25M upfront payment.
In September 2016, Adicet Bio was recognized and named by FierceBiotech to its “Fierce 15” Biotech Companies of 2016.
External Manufacturing Supplier Relationship Manager/ Associate Director
Adicet is seeking a professional who is a quick learner with experience sourcing, negotiating, and managing Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) under cGMP regulations.
In addition to being the supplier relationship/alliance manager for our external manufacturing needs, this individual will also be responsible for evolving our relationships with suppliers supporting our R&D activities. The successful candidate will own end-to-end responsibility for the development of our external CMO partner network, as well as responsibility to prepare sound strategic evaluations, negotiate terms, and manage the relationships with external CMOs to ensure Adicet’s program needs are met on-time, as agreed, and to appropriate quality standards.
The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of Adicet Immune Cell Product pipeline in close collaboration with the rest of Adicet’s talented and versatile team.
- Working with the R&D team, source and lead evaluation of Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) and other suppliers to support R&D objectives
- Establish optimal deal structure for Adicet and lead all aspects of negotiations with CMOs and other suppliers
- Leads all alliance/supplier relationship management responsibilities for partnerships with CMOs and maintains healthy relationships with partner alliance management counterpart and other relevant stakeholders
- Mitigates CMO and other supplier engagement risks to ensure continuity and timeliness of supplies and/or services to support Adicet programs
- Bachelor's Degree required, ideally with a focus in science and/or business. Ideal candidates will have an MBA, MS, and/or PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent business experience.
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical, cell therapy or biotechnology industry
- At least 5-year experience within a technical operations organization with exposure to Supply Chain, Quality, Product Sciences and Manufacturing processes and methodologies under cGMP.
- At least 5-years of related experience sourcing and contracting with CMOs and other suppliers, illustrated by a strong record of executed contracts with CMOs
- Experience managing CMOs post contract execution is a must
- Experience with cell therapy CMOs is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the key CMO players and excellent industry network
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and resolve key partnering issues
- Measurable experience working with and coordinating the needs of multiple customers; both internal and external
- Team player and ability to work in a cross functional and matrix setting is a must
- Proven ability to work with external CMO partners and manage relationship to ensure successful achievement of deliverables
- Strong ability to manage a network of various contractors and suppliers
- Proven track record of alliance management, consensus building and conflict management in challenging situations
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to close deals
- Ability to anticipate and solve issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to work cross functionally with the Research, Process Development, and manufacturing teams to evaluate new CMOs and other critical suppliers
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and drive complex and timely decisions.
- Agile learner
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.