Sr. Project Manager
Summary and Scope of Position:
Support and manage daily development, commercial and project management activities in support of the INTERCEPT Blood Systems.
- Actively partners with the Project Leader or Product Manager to manage Core teams or sub-teams, as needed.
- Defines, implements and supports the team structure and operating guidelines.
- Accountable for producing, maintaining, and monitoring project plans, budgets, and timelines.
- Identifies and estimates resource requirements in collaboration with department heads to achieve project objectives. Assists in securing the necessary resource support from department and/or project leads and communicates gaps or conflicts which may impact project scope, schedule, or budget.
- Manages the team to deliver major project/corporate milestones and set clear and realistic goals consistent with business needs.
- Establishes, tracks, and communicates project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Provides constructive feedback on team member performance and facilitates conflict resolution.
- Works with teams to identify project risks, anticipates and manages variances with risks; proactively utilizes contingency planning.
- Prepares agendas, meeting minutes, and action items for project team meetings. Follows up on action items to achieve timely closeout.
- Effectively facilitates project team meetings and other key project-related meetings.
- Clearly communicates outcomes from team meetings and key project meetings to team and senior management (may include internal and/or external presentations).
- Provides project oversight to senior management via monthly reports, timelines and other reporting mechanisms.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in the management of multidisciplinary project teams. Ideal candidate will have previous manufacturing, clinical trial, and/or regulatory submission experience in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Strong leadership management and mentoring skills; team oriented.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task; ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (encompasses verbal, written, interpersonal, listening).
- Proven time management skills (timelines, schedules, task prioritization).
- Previous budgeting experience required.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products and MS Project.
The position may include domestic and international travel as needed to achieve project objectives.