Scientist/Sr. Scientist positions, Promoter, protein engineering, and Bioinformatics
Refuge Biotechnologies is a start-up company focused on gene editing and genetic engineering of T cells for cancer immunotherapy. Our proprietary platform connects cell membrane receptors to CRISPR a/i systems, creating a genetically programmable switch that can control multiple gene expressions, which allows us to develop therapeutic cells that are programmed to make decisions inside the patient’s body. Please visit http://refugebiotech.com/ for more details. We have multiple open positions (scientist or senior scientist) for highly motivated individuals to join a dynamic team to develop innovative treatments for cancer patients. We are seeking promoter engineering/transcriptome specialist, protein engineering specialist, and next generation sequence (NGS) or bioinformatics specialist. The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, optimizing our technology platform to engineer safer T cells with higher tumor-killing efficacy. The positions require adaptability, creativity, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals. The environment is exciting and fast-paced, and offers the opportunity to work and publish at the cutting edge of cellular engineering research. Ideal candidates will have relevant experiences/technical skills and a good understanding of the underline mechanisms. Strong attention to detail and an adept ability to communicate and work with a diversified team are required.
- Design and conduct experimental work on multiple projects in pursuing company goals.
- Maintain timely documentation of laboratory work.
- Write and present experimental reports, summaries and protocols for supervisors and other team members as appropriate.
- NGS or bioinformatics specialist: Maintain/operate/manage NGS equipment; Development of custom analysis scripts, tools and workflows to analyze NGS data; Apply rigorous statistical methods for testing hypotheses on processed data.
- B.S. or higher in computer science (bioinformatics), or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a related discipline.
- 2+ years post-graduation experience.
- Detail-orientated, organized, keep good notes in a lab notebook.
- Strong scheduling and time management skills with the capacity to work on several projects in parallel.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write reports & protocols, work in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and/or related software suites and the ability to work with a team are essential.
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and integrity.
- Transcriptome/promoter engineering specialist: skillful with routine molecular biology techniques and cell manipulation (transfection and transduction); experience with engineering synthetic promoters, studying gene regulatory elements, or transcriptome analysis.
- Protein engineering specialist: familiar with structural biology or chemical engineering; experience with designing and testing various truncated or fusion proteins.
- NGS or bioinformatics specialist: able to rapidly develop scripts for performing custom bioinformatics analyses or tasks independently; proficiency in at least one high-level scripting language such as python, ruby, or perl; knowledge of at least one compiled computer language such as C/C++ or Java; experience analyzing large amounts of scientific data, especially NGS data.
- Prior experience working with CRISPR/Cas9 or chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells is a plus.
Refuge Biotechnologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and comprehensive package, including medical, dental and vision care, paid vacation and holiday time. Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience. If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to HR@refugebiotech.com. Please specify which position you are applying in the cover letter.