Nuredis, Inc. discovers and develops small molecule therapies for a group of inherited neurodegenerative and neuromuscular diseases, aiming to treat the cause of disease rather than just managing symptoms. Nuredis was founded in 2016 based on technology licensed from Stanford, with facilities in Menlo Park. Nuredis is looking for a self-driven candidate who will be an integral member of our dynamic and highly motivated research team, to make significant contributions to therapeutic development.
The selected candidate is for Scientist/Senior Scientist. The candidate will perform research, primarily in vitro assays, to determine therapeutic efficacy of small molecules in our research pipeline. Candidate will also develop new cell-based assays to measure biochemical markers of therapeutic effects in different neuromuscular and neurodegenerative disorders. The scope of work includes running compound screening assays and performing a variety of molecular and cellular biological assays to evaluate drug efficacy. Documenting experimental processes and generating comprehensive reports are essential duties.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Neurobiology or related fields
- Experience in nucleotide expansion disorders, such as Huntington’s disease
- Hands-on experience with human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) derived from patients and iPSC differentiation procedures
- > 5-years work experience in industry environment
- Ability to work as a productive member in a dynamic and highly collaborative team; high level of energy, enthusiasm and initiative, good communication skills
- Capable of presenting data and analysis clearly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Candidates with direct experience in the following areas will be given priority.
- Ability to develop and execute experimental plans, interpret results, troubleshoot and further refine experiments
- Ability to precisely document experimental procedures and organize research reports
- Experience in efficacy-testing of small molecule compounds
- Proficient with current molecular and cell biology methods, including nucleic acid and protein handling; DNA and RNA purification and quantification; RT-PCR; RNAseq; Western blotting; cell-based high throughput screening; and immuno-staining and other immunochemical techniques