The Finance Manager is responsible for supporting the Company’s budgeting process and preparation of financial reports to management. The Finance Manager will have a critical role in interfacing with research and development departments to provide guidance and oversight on spending, including clinical trials expenses, as well as analysis of financial performance that will guide decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the preparation of the annual budget, forecasts and the financial components of long range strategic plans.
- Participates in the financial close process, including analysis of financial information and working with research and clinical departments to develop and provide accruals in assigned areas.
- Prepares reports to the board of directors, executive management and external parties, as needed.
- Provides analyses and assists with the management of results compared to forecasts and cash flows, capital expenditures and investment portfolio performance metrics.
- Works closely and interacts regularly with department managers.Monitors research and clinical development plans, activities and their adherence to approved budgets.
- Provides financial management and oversight over contracts.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally while retaining functional independence.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance, MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working in finance/life sciences industry, public company experience preferred.
- Familiarity with clinical trial operations and/or clinical research a plus.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus.
- Detail-oriented, organized, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly, while meeting deliverables with limited supervision. Willingness to have a hands-on role in day-to-day operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Local candidates only.
Calithera Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.