Senior Associate Scientist Downstream Operations, Vector Core
Reporting to the Director of Vector Core, the Senior Associate Scientist is responsible for the purification of non-GMP recombinant Viral Vectors for internal groups as well as external collaborators. Responsibilities include the purification recombinant AAV as well as other viral vectors, applying small and medium scale recovery, clarification and purification systems. This position requires the ability to handle multiple projects, good writing skills as well as excellent documentation practices. The successful candidate is expected to work independently on assigned tasks/projects and prioritize assignments.
- Performs small and medium scale purification of AAV and other viral vector systems for internal groups as well as external collaborators.
- Applies filtration technologies (Normal Flow Filtration and Tangential Flow Filtration) as well as AKTA series of chromatography skids at various sizes for clarification and purification of viral vectors.
- Coordinates with upstream team timely execution of assignments.
- Transfers newly developed procedures and ensures proper documentation and execution.
- Develops, drafts and applies Standard Operation Procedures, protocols, as well as Batch Records.
- Ensures proper documentation and reporting of experiments and results.
- Supports the commissioning and maintenance of equipment.
- Manages, and trains junior associates on procedures and processes in the lab.
- Coordinates with team members assigned projects and equipment usage.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- BS or MS in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering or biological sciences
- Minimum 9 years (for BS) or 7 years (for MS) experience in clarification and purification systems.
- Experience with current filtration technologies as well as AKTA systems.
- Task & team-oriented, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately document process data
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, both oral communication and written. Must be able to communicate effectively with all echelons of management and staff.
- Intermediate computer skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with FDA guidance on quality systems preferred
- Experience in a cGMP environment preferred
- Experience with viral vector systems preferred
- Statistical/DOE experience preferred
- Use of chromatography skids, including AKTA systems
- Familiarity with current filtration technologies (Normal Flow Filtration and Tangential Flow Filtration).
- Intermediate computer skills using MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point)
WORKING CONDITIONS AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Follow rules of Biological Safety Level 2 laboratories.
- Must be able to lift to 25 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- 0-2 Associates
REGENXBIO is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with REGENXBIO depends solely on your qualifications.