Director, New Biology, Cell Therapy Development - CAR-T - Leadership Role
Other Locations:US- NJ- Warren
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.Director, New Biology, Cell Therapy Development - CAR-T - Leadership RoleWarren, NJ
-Minimum of 10 years product development experience with exposure to cell therapy or biologics development.
-Ph.D. in relevant science field
This is a scientific leadership role in Product Science Team within Cell Therapy Development (CTD) Department at Celgene with responsibility for supporting cellular therapy product pipeline development via defining and conceptualizing new product/process/analytics. Specifically, the incumbent is responsible for definition of novel product candidates through conceptualization of process/analytics, advancing mechanistic understanding and biological platforms, supporting new cellular immunotherapy portfolio development by close collaboration with Celgene I/O TCoE and Translational Development (TD) group. This individual will be a key member of the Product Science leadership team and is anticipated to take on increasing responsibilities as the Cell Therapy portfolio and organization expands.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, define, and lead New Biology/Product team within the Product Science organization to meet the expanding needs of the Celgene cell therapy pipeline.
- Lead New Biology/Product team with responsibility of defining new product through conceptualization of manufacture process and analytics, as well as development of next generation manufacture process based on the advancement of mechanistic understanding and biological platforms.
- Lead the overall scientific and technical efforts within Product Science organization regarding new process/product definition.
- Establishing close collaboration with I/O TCoE and TD to advance cellular immunotherapeutic pipelines
- Representing New Biology/Product group and establish effective interactions with CTD internal and external business partners to advance and establish the value proposition of clinical candidates.
- Raise corporate awareness of the challenges and opportunities of the Cellular Immunotherapy space.
- As required, conduct due diligence and otherwise support business development initiatives to add assets to the Celgene cellular immunotherapy portfolio.
- Share responsibility for the group's scientific and technical standards, critical review of documentation and reports, and setting analytical strategy to support discovery and product development.
- Develop the New Biology/Product staff to function effectively in cross-functional teams and collaborations.
- Interact effectively and transparently with functional leads within CTD, and with other Celgene stakeholders (Quality, Toxicology, DMPK, Clinical Pharmacology, Regulatory CMC, Clinical and Commercial Manufacturing, Project Leadership, Business Development, Alliance Management, etc.).
- Provide input into personnel decisions including performance appraisals, promotions, hiring, mentoring, and other personnel related activities across CTD.
- Ph.D. in relevant scientific discipline required
- Strong immunology background with the emphasis on T cell biology, proven track record of expertise and experience in adoptive T cell therapy is a must. In-depth knowledge and extensive experience in dendritic cell and/or B cell biology and therapy is a plus.
- 10 years product development experience with exposure to cell therapy or biologics development
- Solid understanding of how biopharmaceutical development integrates with key business partners
- Proven leadership ability to align, motivate and empower team members
- Comprehensive experience in interacting with CROs
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking, problem solving and innovation
- Effective communication, collaboration and negotiation
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional stakeholders in a complex/changing global environment