Associate Operator, Production API
Sets up equipment for routine processes. Under general supervision operates complex equipment and monitors manufacturing process. Becomes conversant with overall functionality of departmental processes. Communicates all operational events and issues with appropriate individuals. Identifies opportunities for improvement throughout the operations and assists in the implementation of changes both in physical operations and written documents. Operates assigned jobs and maintains operating conditions within the desired range under supervision. May work with certified or qualified Trainer to learn equipment and manufacturing process, based on previous experience. Sets up equipment to accommodate minor processing changes. Becomes more knowledgeable on work processes to assist with identifying and implementing work improvements.
• Knowledgeable of basic jobs in assigned area of responsibility and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) policies. Demonstrates compliance to local and industry quality and safety standards.
• Proficient in either manual or controlled process equipment
• Learns and expands knowledge with the help of the certified and qualified trainer. Comprehends and applies all required technical, regulatory, and safety training.
• Ability to troubleshoot problem situations with occasional assistance.
• Under occasional supervision makes timely decision to accomplish department goals. Recommends improved manufacturing and departmental processes, and takes some ownership of tasks.
• Listens actively to acquire information and understand work procedures. Participates in the sharing of information to promote overall efficiency of production. Attends and actively participates in meetings.
• Works to resolve conflict in professional and constructive manner with individuals inside and outside operating environment.
• High School diploma required.
• Must have basic technical knowledge with manufacturing experience in a chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, or similar environment.
• Knowledge of department basic operating procedures and guidelines, compliance and safety rules and procedures relating to normal duties
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled