AbbVie is looking for an engineering professional who, working with little or no supervision, applies scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to complete assignments related to a specific technical field or discipline. A Facilities Engineer has general knowledge of other related disciplines beyond their own area of expertise. The position incumbent will serve as the facilities administrator ("landlord") for all buildings, grounds, and associated facility systems. As such, provide overall engineering direction for Abbvie facilities management and upkeep for these facilities. It is incumbent's objective to maintain and preserve the Corporation's investments and long-lived capital assets through building expense accounts and via capital project planning and execution.
Key Responsibilities Include :
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Responsibilities of this engineering grade level inherently include and expand upon the responsibilities established for lower engineering grade levels.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Independently plans and conducts small- to medium-size assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Manages multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines. Responsible for achieving the project's financial targets in support of business objectives. Maintains project controls and reporting for cost, scope and schedule; develops execution strategy including procurement. Balances multiple demands.
- Produces unique and cost-effective results. Establishes alternate use possibilities and incorporates flexibility; balances system costs with benefits provided; oversees design work of internal and external consultants, Creates/modified designs for intermediate problems. Integrates financial with technical data. Analyzes complex interdisciplinary problems and identifies their impact; establishes probabilities; draws conclusions reflecting broad business needs.
- Represents engineering on corporate task forces. Identifies full range of customer/client needs and proposes solutions to address them; makes alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need. Monitors the improvement of other engineer and may participate in the evaluation of assigned staff/project team members and in the identification of development needs. May supervise other engineers or technicians.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience.
- A post-graduate education/degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- 5 years in the engineering or operations field, with at least 2 years specifically related to utilities, maintenance, or other plant engineering related disciplines.
- Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Demonstrates judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred)
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in the areas of communication, negotiation, and conflict management.
- Experience with budgeting and cost control systems and processes would be beneficial.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled