Sr. Pricing Analyst, Government Programs (Medicaid)
The US federal and state governments are significant customers of AbbVie; ensuring patients covered under their numerous healthcare programs have access to our medicines. Medicaid is one of the largest of these programs. AbbVie contributes to the success of this program by providing discounted prices on our products. Incumbent will be responsible for performing all Medicaid price calculations, analyses, government reporting obligations required under these programs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure compliance with laws governing Medicaid are within AbbVie's written policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- Perform, analyze and ensure timely reporting of Medicaid required price reporting per legislative requirements (e.g. AMP, BP, URA)
- Data analytics and problem solving with regards to Government Pricing calculations; trending analyses and presentations to Leadership team
- Maintain procedural documentation as required by changes in legislation and business practices.
- Interact with multiple layers of staff and management regarding price variances and new programs.
- Create and implement Medicaid programs and contract rebate formulas within Model N; ensuring both compliance with legislation and contract requirements.
- Update the desktop procedures and SOP as needed in addition to documenting reasonable assumptions.
- Perform ad hoc legal, management, and customer requests and other duties, as assigned.
- Support and test government system upgrades, SQL reporting queries and/or enhancements impacting the area.
- BA/BS required plus 3+ years business experience, preferably with a concentration in data analysis, contracting, Medicaid related activities or financial analysis.
- Ability to work productively within a team environment and perform duties independently or with a low level of supervision. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as job responsibilities include communicating with various levels of management within AbbVie as well as with personnel at various levels in state and federal agencies responsible for rebate claims. A very high attention to detail and organization to keep all tasks prioritized.
- The position demands the ability to respond to a high volume of work with a high level of intensity dictated by the requirement for absolute accuracy and rapid turnaround time. This position has a dynamic nature due to the evolving legislative and legal environment; therefore, it requires an ability to respond to change and need for constant reprioritizing to satisfy demands of rapidly changing environment.
- Problem Solving and integrity are key competencies of this position. Must be able to apply sound judgment to the analysis of Medicaid price calculations and consult with management to determine reasonableness when necessary. Sound organizational skills with a high degree of follow up & follow through are requirements within this position.
- The incumbent is accountable for functions that have a direct impact on rebate transactions. He/she is expected to identify opportunities for productivity/process/profit improvements and maximizing return on investment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Experience with Model N, SQL Query Writing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled