Grant Strategist/Planning Officer at Stanford University
Stanford University is seeking a Grant Strategist/ Planning Officer to work under the general direction of the Vice Chairman of Surgery for Research and other management to develop, implement, and administer the vision, strategy, and goals of the assigned academic entity/program(s). This position will be responsible for strategic planning, program/project management, and working with faculty, fellows and students to develop, edit and submit grant proposals to federal and non-federal funding agencies. The incumbent will assist with increasing the competiveness of extramural funding proposals and with identifying strategic funding opportunities.
- Consult with and offer support to faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and students in developing their research proposals. This includes proposal writing, as well as consolidating, editing and formatting documents. Work closely with RMG (Research Management Group) on submissions, and act as a liaison between RMG and faculty. Prepare budgets and other administrative and technical sections as needed, prepare letters of support, manage milestone and deadlines, and assist with progress reports.
- Analyze data, create reports, review trends, and make program improvement recommendations. May develop or contribute to outreach related to program communications, development, partnership, and fundraising/funding.
- Write and/or edit complex content for proposals, research grants, peer-reviewed publications, and other program activities.
- Contribute to and inform on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
- Coach faculty, fellows, and student on writing grant applications.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.