Manager, Human Resources
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
About the Position
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Manager, Human Resources is responsible for executing on processes that drive recruitment, engagement and retention. The successful candidate will act as a key point of contact with respect to all aspects of HR including, but not limited to: recruitment, on-boarding, group benefits, occupational safety and health, orientation and staff development, as well as support employee relations activities.
Based in Seattle, WA, the Manager, Human Resources will be the sole HR representative supporting a growing base of 25 employees and supported by a HR team located in Vancouver, BC.
- Supports the Human Resources team in the implementation of strategic Human Resources plans, HR systems and best practice policies and procedures.
- Performs full-cycle recruitment for management, professional and scientific roles within designated client group, ensuring recruitment processes and procedures are carried out in accordance with established guidelines.
- Delivers comprehensive employee on-boarding to ensure consistent understanding of the company’s HR policies and procedures, familiarity with the company’s culture and vision, and timely enrolment in the company’s benefits plans.
- Acts as first point of contact for HR related queries for managers and employees in the Seattle office. Provides guidance and support on recruitment, benefits, employee relations, and performance management ensuring alignment with common human resources strategies and processes.
- Administers the company’s US employee benefit programs. Processes enrolments, explains coverage, responds to plan questions, modifies/terminates coverage and in conjunction with the Total Rewards Analyst, ensures that Finance and policy service providers are kept up-to-date on employee changes.
- Oversees the company’s Occupational Safety and Health program for the US office and ensures company practices are in compliance with WISHA regulations.
- Coordinates internal and external learning and development initiatives, researches and identifies qualified instructors to align training deliverables and key messages with other trainers across the organization.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements within the company’s HR operations, and participates in initiatives to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and value-adding capacity of the HR group.
- In collaboration with HR management, contributes to the development and management of departmental and headcount budgets and quarterly budget updates. Maintains forecasts.
- Ensures compliance with key governmental legislative requirements and adherence to human resources policies and procedures.
- Acts as a company ambassador for career fairs and recruitment events, showcasing Zymeworks as an Employer-of-Choice.
- Works with HR management to coordinate events, programs and community engagement activities that enhance the workplace and promote community involvement.
- Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in a relevant field in addition to a minimum of 5 to 7 years of related experience and the successful completion of professional designation(s) in Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to lead through example and to establish an environment fostering effective and collaborative working relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging, milestone-driven environment
- Significant experience in recruitment, talent attraction and managing the end-to-end recruitment process.
- In-depth understanding of US legislation impacting the Human Resources function, including employment standards legislation, occupational health and safety regulations, and other legislative acts including Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ability to exercise professionalism, sound judgement and discretion when handling issues of a difficult sensitive or confidential nature. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding departmental and personnel matters.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- A proven ability to negotiate effectively.
- Strong oral, written and listening skills
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.