Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Cell Biology
Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We have a very deep drug development pipeline including three programs currently in clinical testing with one more expected to start clinical testing in 2017 and have an excellent opportunity for a Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Cell Biology to join our team. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and have the potential to be more potent, safer and longer lasting – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life. In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with ten in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has enabled multiple collaborations with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Cell Biology:
Job Duties include:
- Developing and conducting immunological and cellular bioassays to support development of clinical candidates.
- Primary mammalian cell isolation and maintenance of primary cultures and cell lines.
- Documentation of experimental protocols, design, details and results.
- Data analysis and preparation of data and results for presentation.
- PhD or MS in cell biology, immunology or related field with at least 5 years of laboratory experience. Research experience in T cell biology, immunology, or immuno-oncology is highly desired.
- Technical expertise in multiple bioassays including proliferation, apoptosis, viability, activation, and cytotoxicity assays using various read-outs including flow cytometry, luminescence, fluorescence, and ELISA.
- Expertise in multi-color flow cytometry; 10+ parameter experience is preferred.
- Extensive experience in primary cell culture; experience with co-culture techniques and complexin vitro cell based models and functional assays is highly preferred.
- Experience using software programs for data collection and analysis including FACS Diva, Flowjo, and Prism.
- Must work efficiently both independently and in a team environment, and must have demonstrated quality, proficiency, and attention to detail in your research. Must possess excellent project management, documentation, and communication skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website at www.xencor.com EOE