Research Associate – Molecular Biology
Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We have a very deep drug development pipeline including three programs currently in clinical testing with one more expected to start clinical testing in 2017 and have an excellent opportunity for a Research Associate – Molecular Biology to join our team. We use our pioneering XmAb® technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and have the potential to be more potent, safer and longer lasting – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life. In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with ten in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has enabled multiple collaborations with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a Research Associate – Molecular Biology to
Job Duties include:
- Hands on experience with plasmid preparation, cloning, vector construction, mutagenesis, PCR, DNA sequencing and is required.
- Extensive working knowledge of DNA sequence analysis programs (eg. Geneious, Sequencher) and related bioinformatics data-mining tools is expected.
- Familiarity protein expression, purification (in both E. coli & mammalian cells) and characterization protocols would be a strong plus.
- Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic team player, with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills are required.
- Prior work experience in a biotech environment would be preferred.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor of Science (MS preferred) in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent degree required, and at least two (2) years of relevant post-graduate experience.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website atwww.xencor.com EOE