Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We have a very deep drug development pipeline including three programs currently in clinical testing with one more expected to start clinical testing in 2017 and have an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Assistant to join our team. We use our pioneering XmAb®technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and have the potential to be more potent, safer and longer lasting – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life. In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with ten in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has enabled multiple collaborations with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a Facilities Assistant to join our team.
Job Duties include:
- Performing basic building repairs, miscellaneous jobs, office desk/shelving installs, and handyman work as needed.
- Assisting with the receiving of packages. Assistance with shipping outgoing packages is also required.
- Incoming packages must be received and processed in a timely manner according to SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and storage temperature requirements.
- Process and file Packing Slips from received supply items.
- Set up and break down tables and chairs for events, on as needed basis.
- Replace light bulbs, water filters, and perform other regular maintenance on equipment in the laboratory as needed.
- Monitor and restock countertop, coffee bar, and break rooms’ inventory of glasses, dishes, flatware, snacks, and other supplies as needed.
- Inspects and maintains the exterior premises (Building and Parking Garage).
- Glassware cleaning, sterilizing, and other support service functions. This would include performing glassware pick-ups, cleaning, washing, sterilizing and distributing glassware and performing other related duties of the glassware prep room on a regular basis.
- Manage safe storage and disposal of electronic recycling and recycling of hazardous chemicals.
- Attending group meetings and trainings as required.
- Rotate and restock various laboratory supplies throughout the laboratory.
- Oversee janitorial services as required.
- Maintain lab coat and floor mat stock for lab personnel.
- Light purchasing for laboratory supplies may be assigned.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School diploma required.
- 1-3 years of related experience (facility handyman work, glassware cleaning, S&R experience, laboratory operations, customer service experience).
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures would also be preferred.
- Must be able to stand 6+ hours a day.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and comprehension skills (both written and oral).
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and other construction trades preferred.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift, carry (up to 50 pounds), stoop, bend, kneel, climb, crawl, push, pull or perform other physical activities.
- Must be able to push or pull liquid filled tanks/Dewars of Nitrogen and Carbon Dioxide.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website atwww.xencor.com EOE