Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate - Protein Sciences
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., a growing San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity, is seeking a qualified Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate who will play an integral role in moving our discovery research efforts into the clinic. We are seeking a talented and motivated team member to support our research efforts in developing our antibody-based immuno-oncology therapeutics. The candidate should have at least experience in characterization of recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies, including protein over-expression, purification, and biophysical characterization.
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
· Development of biosensor (SPR or BLI) based assay platforms for screening/characterization of antibody binding and specificity
· Biophysical characterization of antibody stability and developability assessment using calorimetry (ITC, DSC), light scattering, and differential scanning fluorimetry (DSF) to support lead candidate selection
· Organization and analysis of results, communicating and presenting findings in team meetings, and contributing to scientific publications
· Troubleshooting and optimizing assays through data interpretation, identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques, and timely execution
· Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing company priorities
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a life sciences discipline with at least five plus years of industry experience in developing assays using SPR, BLI, DSC, DSF, FTIR, AUC, and DLS
· Good understanding of biophysical characterization of antibodies is must
· Experience in standard protein analytical techniques including electrophoresis, Western Blot, ELISAs, HPLC, UV-Vis spectrophotometry
· Proficiency in protein production and purification techniques (e.g., using peristaltic pumps, HPLC systems), ultrafiltration/diafiltration is a significant plus
· Motivation to learn and use new and emerging techniques for mammalian cell culture, protein production, flow cytometry, and gene manipulation in cells
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics, Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment.