Xencor Inc. is an innovative biotechnology company located in the Los Angeles area (near Pasadena) and in San Diego. We have a very deep drug development pipeline including three programs currently in clinical testing with one more expected to start clinical testing in 2017 and have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our team. We use our pioneering XmAb®technology to develop better biotherapeutics – antibodies that target new biological mechanisms and have the potential to be more potent, safer and longer lasting – with the goal of improving patient outcomes and quality of life. In addition to generating a pipeline of novel drug candidates, with ten in clinical testing by Xencor or our partners, our XmAb® technology has enabled multiple collaborations with leading biopharmaceutical companies including Novartis, Amgen, Morphosys, Merck, CSL, Janssen(J&J), Alexion and Boehringer Ingelheim.
Our employees are the most important factor in our success and we have assembled a highly talented group from diverse backgrounds and disciplines to execute our business plan and shape our future. Xencor employees value new ideas and flexibility and demand from each other scientific rigor, a passion for innovation, and a willingness to take risks.
We seek a/an Senior Accountant to:
Job Duties include :
- Prepare supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts
- Analyze and reconcile account balances for quarter-end close
- Assist with local and municipal tax and workers’ compensation audits
- Cross train on other areas in Accounting
- Assist in the preparation of SEC reports
- Assist in reviewing schedules and suggest ways to improve efficiency in preparing such schedules
- Support quarter and year-end close process
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Integrity and credibility
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Professionalism in dealing with both internal and external contacts required
- Strong team player with ability to interact with all levels of staff in the company
- BS in Accounting
- 5-8 years of accounting experience with at least 2-4 years of public accounting (audit) experience
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Working knowledge of NetSuite or other higher tier accounting system preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including a high degree of proficiency in Excel
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We strive to create an environment that will challenge, motivate, and reward our employees for meeting the changing demands of creating breakthrough therapeutics. Xencor has a highly collaborative structure that integrates co-workers with different skill sets into teams for product and technology development. With an emphasis on attaining the best and most highly qualified candidates in their respective fields, we offer a competitive salary & benefits package. Please submit a cover letter & resume. For further information about Xencor, please visit our website atwww.xencor.com EOE