Sr. Associate Scientist
Other Locations:US- MA- Cambridge
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Immunology and Inflammation TCoE is seeking independent and motivated scientists to join a newly established research team focused on understanding the molecular basis of inflammatory and fibrotic disease and developing novel therapeutics to treat these diseases. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing cellular and biochemical based technologies to support programs within the therapeutic area. The candidate will conduct cell based assays to study mechanism of action of therapeutic targets and evaluate the activity of therapeutic candidates, utilizing biochemical, enzymatic, cell signaling and FACS based readouts. A background in immunology is a plus. Experience with High Content imaging would also be an asset. The candidate must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to independently assess results. Needs to have a demonstrated track record of leading support activities for multiple research projects, scientific and technical advancement, and coauthorship of peer-reviewed publications. The position requires excellent communication skills and an ability to present data, and the ability and willingness to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop cell based and biochemical approaches and technologies to establish the activity and mechanism of action of candidate therapeutics. This will include excellent assay troubleshooting skills and in-depth knowledge of cell culture, ELISA, protein signaling, qPCR technology platforms, FACS analysis, imaging and assay automation techniques.
- Independently review the relevant literature to understand and propose the best methods that can be applied to the needs of the group.
- Provide strategic input and propose new initiatives for methods to validate novel targets and test therapeutics.
- Hands-on experience and excellent teamwork skills in liaising with other departments.
- Keep abreast of, and use, state-of-the-art technologies in target validation.
- Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external use.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 8 years work experience or Master's degree with at least 6 years work experience.
- Ability to collaborate and work with others in a matrix environment
- Ability to conduct independent research and be a team player
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Comfortable with changing direction and taking risks
- Create solutions for technical challenges
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.