Sr. Manager Continuous Delivery Services & Architecture
Sr. Mgr. Continuous Delivery & Architecture Job Description:
- Sr. Manager of Continuous Delivery Services & Architecture will establish and maintain how we build and support key technology capabilities within the Research, Development, Regulatory Affairs and Safety area for AbbVie's Information Research (IR) Team.
- Requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills.
- The right candidate will be adept at writing technical/architecture standards, owning capability governance and service provider from design to release, and partnering effectively with other teams across AbbVie.
- Provide strategic application and infrastructure architecture direction for a given functional domain across AbbVie's IR portfolio; developing/configuring applications with service providers and infrastructure vision for area domains.
- Be responsible for developing an architecture roadmap for execution against the strategy; developing / leading the application architecture governance processes.
- Focus primarily on our SalesForce, .NET and life science platform architectures and will also support transformation activities in the Service Delivery & Architecture area. Collaborates across domain IT functions to identify opportunities to leverage common solutions and extend the adoption of standards.
- Facilitates the communication of architecture best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by participating in leadership forums and architecture review boards.
- Knowledge of the following is required; service-oriented architecture, product development (including areas such as Force.com, .NET, and Web Services), build processes, project management and release models.
- 10+ years' experience in a technical leadership or related role.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science; related field or equivalent work experience.
- A strong track record of successful project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
- Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals
- Hands on experience with ITIL delivery, Agile methodologies and proven leadership skills
- Experience in delivering applications in a regulated area like, life science, chemical manufacturing, or finance