US Medical Platform Lead, Oncology - Solid Tumor
The Solid Tumor US Platform Lead, is accountable for the development and execution of the US Solid Tumor medical affairs strategy. Through cross-functional leadership and deep understanding of the treatment landscape, the Platform Lead will provide oversight and strategic direction to a team of US Medical Leads in development and execution of US medical plans including external engagement, communication and evidence generation strategies and contribute to the overall global product strategy.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Lead the US Medical Solid Tumor Product teams through direct and indirect reporting relationships
- Development and execution of US Solid Tumor product medical strategy, via the US Medical Plan, including launch support and lifecycle management, in collaboration with Product Team/Portfolio governance and alignment with Global strategy
- Contribute to Global product strategy through deep understanding of the US medical environment, sharing regional insights and engagement of external experts
- Develop and lead the execution of US Solid Tumor Medical Affairs strategy, including external stakeholder management, scientific communications, evidence generation and medical education strategy
- Facilitate and continue to build Amgen's role as a science based and patient focused reliable partner
- Partner with Global Development Leads and Global Medical Affairs Leads on evidence generation activities and ensuring the Evidence Generation Plan captures key regional needs
- Partner with Early Development team to accelerate innovative pipeline by providing regional strategic input on treatment landscape, registrational programs and LCM plans
MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school OR PhD OR PharmD
2 years of clinical research experience and/or basic science research in Oncology
Experience in oncology
5 years of patient clinical experience
10 years of medical affairs experience in the pharma/biotech industry
3 years of scientific or medical research
Accredited fellowship in a sub-specialty, board certified or equivalent
Management and leadership experience in a direct report and non-direct report framework with complex cross-functional responsibilities
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.