Administrative Assistant - Lilly Biotechnology Center San Diego
This position is an exciting opportunity for a skilled professional to provide critical administrative support to multiple business partners in a dynamic team environment. The position has a primary focus in one or more assigned business areas, but must coordinate and operate cohesively with colleagues at various levels across all business units. This position requires coordination with research and clinical colleagues, human resources, internal/external business clients, vendors, and/or external parties.
This position requires an exceptional team player who is proactive, organized, and detail‐oriented with a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks. This is one of several positions that are part of The LBC Administrative Team.
This job description outlines the general nature and level of the work. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or skills associated with the position.
- Proactively manage daily calendars for multiple business partners; initiate contact and establish good working relationships with others outside of the research division to maximize schedule coordination. Ensure business partners are adequately prepared for the day/week.
- Manage large, complex meetings and conferences at various locations and of various sizes. Assist in the planning logistics by calendaring, identifying/scheduling conference rooms, setting up equipment, ordering materials and/or catering as needed.
Travel and Expenses:
- Coordinate domestic and international travel for business partners as needed.
- Manage business partners’ passport and visa for international travel.
- Process complex expense reports (i.e. multi‐currency) including reconciliation of corporate and personal credit accounts used for business purposes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with IT and assist with audio visual and other computerized meeting applications.
- Participate in site Operations meetings as assigned or directed.
- Create and maintain filing systems and revise as necessary to structure a consistent level of organization.
- Create and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Create and maintain group lists, distribution lists, spreadsheets, databases and collaboration sites.
- Assist with administrative tasks in pre‐boarding and onboarding of new employees to the site as requested by the hiring supervisor.
- Identify innovative techniques to increase productivity across the team.
- Serve as a backup for other administrative assistants in order to meet workload deadlines or during absences from the office.
- Handle additional administrative support or special projects as assigned by the Manager.
- Uphold high standards of Lilly corporate conduct in all business dealings.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 5 years of recent administrative assistant experience or equivalent experience(project management, customer relationship management)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. A company rich in heritage, Lilly employs individuals, conducts research and markets products worldwide. By providing for the unmet needs of our customers through a continuous stream of innovation, we will outgrow all competitors.
Lilly earns consistent and wide recognition for creating an exceptional work environment:
Business Week magazine 50 Best Places To Launch A Career™
FORTUNE America’s Most Admired Companies™
FORTUNE 50 Best Companies for Minorities™
Working Mother 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers™
Industry Week magazine 100 Best-Managed Companies™
Science magazine Best Companies for Scientists™
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Well organized with the ability to seamlessly manage multiple business partners’ schedules and consistently complete projects on‐time with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and anticipate needs.
- Take ownership and proactively seek out answers to problems that may fall outside your expertise
- Consistently look for ways to improve, enhance and simplify processes by identifying efficiencies and thinking outside the box
- Eager to learn new things then apply the knowledge in order to improve and simplify processes
- Comfortable and flexible working in a dynamic, changing environment
- Flexible as workloads fluctuate; willingness to provide backup coverage to other assistants when needed, and reach out to Manager and others for additional work/projects.
- High level of professionalism; handle sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and experience with complex databases and electronic record keeping systems
Experience in biotechnology or academia a plus.