Progenity, Inc. is a leading molecular diagnostic testing company. We invite applications for our exciting and innovative Senior Level Bioinformatics positions (Principal and Staff) at our Headquarters located in San Diego, CA. This role entices a bioinformatician with industry experience who is passionate about making a difference in human-health and in disease diagnostics by developing computational algorithms, performing data-mining, and applying machine-learning and statistical modeling in genetic data. Applicants will have the opportunity to work at the cutting-edge of the genetic testing industry, and in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. As a result of our successes in developing quality molecular diagnostic products, Progenity is rapidly expanding and looking to fill these positions immediately to augment our development capabilities. A competitive salary commensurate with experience can be offered, along with a generous benefits package. Based on the location, relocation assistance can be offered to a successful non-local candidate.
We are looking for a Bioinformatics Engineer at our Headquarters located in San Diego, CA. This role entices a bioinformatician/software engineer holding a M.S./Ph.D. in CS/EE/Math/Stat/Physics with industry experience who is passionate about making a difference in human-health by building complex bioinformatics software tools, and by applying machine-learning and statistical modeling in genetic data. The Bioinformatics Engineer will have the opportunity to work at the cutting-edge of the genetic testing industry, and in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. As a result of our successes in developing quality molecular diagnostic products, Progenity is rapidly expanding and looking to fill this position immediately to augment our development capabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops complex bioinformatics application software.
- Develops user-friendly analytical tools for bioinformatics applications.
- Develops complex bioinformatics pipelines.
- Develops new algorithms to address complex questions in data analysis.
- Performs datamining on high-dimensional data.
- Applies machine-learning techniques and statistical modeling to learn patterns, selects features, and classifies genetic data from Next Generation Sequencing and other technologies.
- Performs data analysis in support of R&D activities.
- Communicates effectively with laboratory researchers and academic collaborators to define required solutions.
- M.S./Ph.D. in a quantitative field (Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and related fields).
- Experience in analyzing Next Generation Sequencing data is a must.
- Strong background in statistics and mathematics is highly desirable.
- Solid background/training in computer science and algorithm development, machine- learning, and software development is highly desirable.
- High programming proficiency in scripting languages (Python, Perl) and a compiled language (Java, and C++). Strong Python programming skills are highly desirable.
- Proficient in working with High-Performance Computing (HPC).
- Experience in Relational Database development.
- Experience in developing Laboratory Management Information Systems.
- Experience in working in the cloud computing environment is a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary environments and work and communicate with wet-lab scientist and clinicians.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who can organize and prioritize workloads.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.