Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Biochemistry
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Research Associate to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience with recombinant protein expression, purification and characterization.
Experience and education requirements:
- BS/MS with 2+ years of experience in biochemistry or related field (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with protein expression in E. coli, insect and/or mammalian systems
- Expertise in protein purification techniques and familiarity with AKTA systems
- Perform protein characterization (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot) to support biochemical and crystallographic analyses
- Familiarity with molecular biology techniques (construct design, PCR, mutagenesis)
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job RABC2018.03.01 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.