Lab Equipment Maintenance Technician and Coordinator
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, 8services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Laboratories is seeking an experienced equipment technician to collaboratively support our scientists and engineers who are pursuing life sciences research as part of an innovative, multidisciplinary team developing novel technologies. Your primary focus will be to install, maintain, repair and enhance the wide variety of instrumentation and equipment currently in use in our mechanical, electrical, optical, chemical and biological laboratories. You will schedule and perform regular maintenance and calibration, troubleshoot, test and repair equipment, keep service contracts current, and maintain inventories of needed supplies. You may need to conduct experiments to validate the equipment is fully functional. You will determine when to work with external service providers for the more complex repairs and calibrations. You will install, update and maintain laboratory computers. You will be the key interface to internal and external service organizations for upgrades to the laboratory infrastructure and for laboratory safety and cleanliness. You will work with our researchers and facilities to order, install and test new equipment. You will document your work. In this way, the successful candidate will help Agilent Laboratories continue its track record of powering the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology for applications across life sciences research, translational research, molecular diagnostics, and clinical pathology.
• Associates degree or higher in a technical discipline or equivalent technical training
• 5+ years of experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, calibrating, and repairing a wide variety of lab equipment
• Experience maintaining service contracts and working with equipment service providers
• Experience keeping inventories of needed lab supplies
• Experience maintaining documentation
• Able to order, install, and update computers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience working collaboratively with various departments and outside vendors
• Must be a self-starter, work well with a wide variety of people and accept responsibility
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
• Must be able to work safely in many different environments including mechanical, electrical, optical, chemical and biological
• Understanding of technical aspects of electronic equipment, its operation, repair and maintenance
• Experience using diagnostic equipment such as volt meters and oscilloscopes
• Experience performing high complexity maintenance and repair on analytical equipment (i.e. LC-MS, HPLC etc.)
• Experience maintaining biology equipment (i.e. plate readers, microscopes, pipettes, cell culture equipment, etc.)
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability