Transition from industry to teaching
New year, new career: Will 2018 be the year you discover a rewarding and meaningful opportunity to share your professional experience? Inspire the next generation of innovators by exploring teaching as a second career.
The EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellowship is a rigorous on-ramp and exploration of a teaching career — offering you the field experience, knowledge and connections to ensure you thrive. As a professional coming from STEM industry, you are uniquely positioned to inspire and engage students who need you most – those in our country’s most disadvantaged schools. Change a student’s view of the STEM subjects and life prospects by teaching and mentoring. EnCorps is looking for passionate and driven science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) industry professionals who want to make a difference in urban education with the following eligibility criteria:
- Three or more years* of science, technology, engineering or math industry or research experience (*please see our full eligibility criteria here: http://encorps.org/join/eligibility/)
- Do not currently hold a California single subject teaching credential
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree with a 2.50 GPA or higher
- Currently live in an area we serve (Greater San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Sacramento Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Orange County, San Diego)
- Fully eligible to work in the United States (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa)
Apply online at http://encorps.org/apply The final application deadline is April 13, 2018.
- Immediate field experience working with high need students as a tutor and/or guest teacher
- Mentorship from EnCorps staff and an experienced host teacher
- Exam support and credentialing guidance
- Robust slate of professional development
- Collaborative cohort of peers to share ideas, support and best practices
- Opportunity to work in a variety of school districts and charter networks
“I want to pay it forward and share that caring with underprivileged students in my community.” -EnCorps Fellow Nathan Flatt
Who should apply?
EnCorps Fellows come from a diverse range of STEM industries, but share a core commitment to public service and teaching in high need communities. The EnCorps Fellowship is a selective, unpaid fellowship for STEM professionals who are interested in exploring their role in teaching and education. *You do NOT need prior experience in education*
Find out more