Director, Global Pricing & Market Access, Immune-Oncology
Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This Global Pricing & Market Access position, will support Celgene's Immune-Oncology portfolio as well as inform the future disease strategy for new compounds and indications in this area. He/she will be a key strategic market access representative on the Global Project Teams (GPTs) providing support to the appropriate indications as needed to ensure optimal clinical development strategies (informing appropriate endpoint and trial design), adequate representation and execution of outcomes research projects, input on price forecasts & expectations, and proactively identifying ways to optimize lifecycle plans. He/she will be expected to provide advanced input on payer strategy, health outcomes differentiators, demand expectations, and general market access viability. The individual is expected to work collaboratively with regional/local teams in their planning and execution of launch & access strategies, as well as work collaboratively with the organizations with which Celgene has strategic alliances / collaborations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ownership of input into the Oncology programs and informing of Pricing and Market Access potential across different indications and diseases (across all stages of lifecycle development)
- Identification of payer needs (unmet medical need, suitable comparators and competitive space) and anticipation of their reaction to Celgene lifecycle products.
- Execution of a plan to address identified evidence gaps through HEOR studies, publications, messaging and influencing.
- Development of the product's value proposition and steering the development/updating of the product value repositories (Health Economic model, value story, commercial toolkit) for launching indications
- Protocol design for early and registration studies, health economic studies and integration of payer relevant endpoints in the clinical development plans.
- Identification of relevant and commercially attractive assets (including price potential) in the product pipeline in terms of a value proposition as well as the market need compared to existing or upcoming therapeutic alternatives in the respective indications.
- Commissioning and preparation of health economic & outcomes research analyses necessary for reimbursement submissions & competitive messaging.
- Providing input on cost-effectiveness analyses (CEA) / budget impact models (BIM) / systematic literature reviews (SLRs), indirect/mixed treatment comparisons, RWE generation strategies and approaches across the Heme Onc team
- Market research and provision of regular updates on the competitor landscape for Celgene's individual product indications and implications on market access.
- Significant participation with advanced strategic contribution, in Celgene's Global product teams (GPTs).
- Has an in-depth understanding of payers and their perspective in the key worldwide markets, as well trends in Pricing & Reimbursement.
- Has a solid scientific background enabling the assessment of trial design impact on payer strategies and the ability to challenge clinical development or medical affairs or other relevant stakeholders.
- Has an ability to interpret and critique clinical study protocols, as well as identifying relevant clinical endpoints and conducting outcomes research in the early phases of clinical trial development.
- Has an established and extensive network of payer contacts (pricing, reimbursement, policy, insurance) and KOLs.
- Has competitive intelligence, identifies early opportunities and threats in the market and creates solutions to benefit from opportunities and to disarm threats.
- Has ability to identify key product advantages in the context of market requirements and provides key ideas for developing individual value stories around Celgene's products.
- Can effectively liaise with Celgene Medical Affairs and Global franchise teams as well as Celgene's local and regional teams, creating an efficient working style within a diverse organizational matrix.
- Preferably has multi-year experience with health authorities, governmental economists and reimbursement agencies, hospital administrators and health care insurance companies' general management, acquired at pharmaceutical companies, sickness funds, physician associations or health care consultancy companies.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the latest pricing, reimbursement and HEOR methodologies and approaches in the marketplace and how they can be employed to advance product value propositions
- Ideally has at least ~10 years' experience in the health care field, including significant experience in pricing, reimbursement, outcomes research or health economics, in Oncology / Immune-Oncology
- Has graduate level (Master or higher) training in health economics or an analytical commercial discipline.
- Displays excellent business English skills, with first-rate communication abilities.
- Has strong influencing/negotiation skills and the ability to work at peer-level with experienced technical and commercial experts in other departments
- Displays business confidence to constructively challenge marketing and clinical colleagues
- Has excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
- Is a flexible team member with a positive attitude, ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Is experienced and adept at navigating international, multi-lingual, and cross-functional organizational matrices within a diverse and cross-cultural work environment
- Is experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results in a timely manner
*LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.