Global Director, Competitive Intelligence
Director, Global Marketing Analytics and Business Intelligence (MABI) leads a team of MABI professionals and is responsible for driving business strategies and decisions at a product or therapeutic area level. This is accomplished by building a team of trusted MABI consultants who integrate patient, health care provider, market, sales force and competitor insights & analytics. The role closely collaborates with Customer Excellence, Brand and Commercial Development leadership as well as area and large affiliate Business Intelligence personnel. Deep business acumen, Business Intelligence capabilities, leadership and communication skills are required along with global healthcare industry experience.
- Serve as the MABI lead for designated product(s) and/or therapeutic area(s). Serve as counselor and SME to franchise leadership both on market and pipeline. Be recognized as a trusted consultant and develop your MABI team to do the same- guiding franchise strategy and advising tactical initiatives via leveraging superior customer insights, business acumen, forecasting, analytics and customer excellence capabilities.
- Manage and develop a team of MABI professionals helping them to evolve and maximize their talents and potential.
- Maintain a network of Area, and Affiliate leadership contacts to provide global thought leadership.
- Oversee development of MABI plans and play active role in the brand planning process at the franchise level.
- Lead commercial competitive intelligence that enables the Global Brand Teams (GBT)/Global Commercial Team (GCT) to anticipate competitor strategies and achieve market leadership.
- Provide oversight and guidance for the future evolution of the external environment over the next 5-10 years and use to guide GBT/GCT development of long-term strategies which anticipate game-changing trends.
- Identify and ensure latest advances in data sources & analytics to measure and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of our core strategies and key initiatives, and ensure learnings are used to optimize future strategies, programs and activities.
- Actively interact in the MABI leadership team and lead initiatives and decision making to enhance the effectiveness of the Marketing Analytics and Business Intelligence function and making MABI “the place to be.”
- Actively lead MABI and AbbVie culture; Demonstrate AbbVie Leadership Attributes, energize team members, and serve as an active voice of the Customer/Market at the GBT/GCT.
- Ensure all MABI activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- Ensure MABI approaches are compliant, efficient, sound and leading edge.
- BA or BS degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or MA) preferred. Degree concentration in Marketing Research, Marketing or Social Sciences. Advanced statistical knowledge is a plus.
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in Marketing Analytics and Business Intelligence, primary research expertise (including qualitative, quantitative and syndicated), minimal of 3 years' experience with and knowledge of advanced analytics . (Add requirement for specific franchise experience,, if applicable).
- Strong business acumen with a proven ability to leverage expertise across a wide variety of situations to broadly advance the organization and achieve specific goals.
- Proven track record of managing teams and strong people management skills.
- Outstanding strategic thinking and thought leadership with the best story telling capabilities and ability to coach others in these areas.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, quick learning, adapting and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) the highest levels of the organization.
- Skill to proactively assess changing business conditions and agility to adapt accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and collaboration skills; proven experience in building effective teams and creating a productive work culture.
- Pharmaceutical/Healthcare experience is an advantage.