Senior Financial Analyst
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Pharmacyclics is seeking a
Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst of FP&A plays a dynamic role within the Corporate FP&A team. Reporting to the Associate Director, FP&A, the incumbent will act as the “go-to” person for all topics related to Revenue, including demand, channel inventory, Days-On-Hand, and Gross-To-Net. This role has high visibility and will report to senior management at Pharmacyclics and AbbVie on a weekly basis. Another key responsibility of this role is to manage and automate the capital expense tracking process across all functions. The Senior Financial Analyst should have excellent analytical and time management skills, as well as attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills. Strong business acumen and knowledge of FP&A processes will also be critical to the success of the role.
- Carry-out all planning, forecasting, and reporting processes related to revenue
- Send weekly sales updates to senior management and conduct ad-hoc trend analysis
- Project revenue for various scenarios involving changing business dynamics, including both price and demand assumptions
- Complete Gross-To-Net forecast for major financial cycles and present to management
- Partner with Market Access to identify changes in legislation, contract terms, and other factors that could impact discount rates
- Analyze payer mix trends and changing market dynamics across the various payer channels (Medicare, Commercial, PHS-340B, VA/DoD, Medicaid, Tricare, GPO's, etc.)
- Track inventory balances for PCYC's major customers (Avella, ASD Healthcare, McKesson, Diplomat, Biologics, OncoMed, Oncology Supply)
- Manage the capital expense tracking process and continue to work toward automation
- Calculate the joint venture expense related to FTE's that needs to be charged to the collaboration with Janssen Biopharma Inc.
- Prepare Global Joint Venture Product Sales report to be sent to AbbVie CFO
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and project support for business areas as required
- Maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams to understand the business and understand issues affecting financial performance
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and lead initiatives to recommend and implement change
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA / CPA preferred)
- 2-3 years experience in FP&A or equivalent
- Life Sciences industry experience preferred
- Pricing experience preferred
- Superb financial modeling and analytical skills with deep attention to detail
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Strong collaborative skills with proven success working in matrixed, cross-functional teams
- Superior financial systems expertise with significant experience working with ERP and other financial systems