Director, Imaging Specialist
Other Locations:US- MA- Cambridge
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The ideal candidate will be expected to take on a highly visible role with internal and external teams through the management of imaging protocols and research organizations and drive the effective use of imaging biomarkers to de-risk early development programs.
Leveraging their expertise in fibrosis and inflammation imaging, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage a best-in-class network of external CRO vendor/partners capable of delivering imaging solutions in support of Celgene programs.
- Oversee these vendor/partners ensuring that they optimally execute preclinical and clinical imaging projects in the US, Europe and potentially Asia.
- Deliver subject matter expertise with respect to clinically advanced techniques in MRI, PET, SPECT, HRCT and other modalities as needed.
- Drive the use of clinical imaging endpoints in early phase studies by supporting the clinical pharmacology team.
- Drive innovative preclinical imaging research by supporting projects run in conjunction with the preclinical pharmacology team.
- Provide support for the Business Development and Alliance Management organizations as needed on diligence efforts.
- Identify and drive potential collaborations in academia or industry to enhance Research and Early Development
projects across the portfolio with a focus fibrosis & immunology.
- Serve as a critical interface between Global Research and Early Development, Celgene's External Research & Collaborations, and Late Stage Development Teams.
- Ensure the optimal inclusion of imaging measurements and techniques in clinical protocols and biomarker validation in phase 0 studies to enable early decision making.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender
expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well
as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have
authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Ph.D. in an imaging related discipline that relates to Neuroscience with at least 8 years of industry experience and recognition as a contributor in the field of preclinical and clinical imaging science. Must have direct experience managing imaging protocols in the conduct of clinical trials (endpoints, inter-site harmonization, imaging core lab oversight, etc.). Specific experience with imaging endpoints for early stage clinical development in fibrotic and inflammatory diseases is desired.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
• Ph.D. in scientific discipline directly related to Neuroscience and Imaging
• At least 10 years of imaging research experience, in clinical research and/or drug discovery and development research functions in academic or pharmaceutical industry settings.
• Imaging expertise that spans relevant modalities (MRI, PET, SPECT, CT, US, etc.)
• Scientific knowledge and experience in the use of imaging in Neuroscience Drug Development. Maintains current
awareness in areas of expertise.
• Skill in managing operations with external collaborators, setting clear expectations and delivering timely
• Knowledge the regulatory/legal issues that could affect the organization's activities.
• Experience integrating imaging approaches into clinical development plans for internal decision support
• Excellent written and communication skills to effectively represent vision, challenges and accomplishments of
the Imaging and Neuroscience team to Celgene's most senior leadership.