F1 Oncology, is looking for another individual to share our passion for making a lasting difference in the fight against cancer.
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
The big picture is:
The candidate will be in the Information Technology group and will be responsible for providing assistance and implementing tools to improve the architecture and usability of Electronic Laboratory Notebooks and the Laboratory Information Management System.
Why Join Us?
F1 Oncology is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market CAR-T therapies for the treatment of cancer. Founded in 2015, The company has rapidly built its core technologies and a growing global presence with operations in China (Shanghai and Shenzhen), Grand Cayman, and across the US with sites in West Palm Beach and San Diego.
This is a full-time position working with a great team and with excellent benefits including company sponsored medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and time off, and a 401K match!
Here’s some of the responsibilities:
- Develop, modify, and test new and existing relational database for effective and efficient data capturing, management, and integration in a ELN / LIMS environment
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop and optimize the UX, UI, and performance requirements of the ELN system. Initiate and manage development projects and timelines based on these requirements.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all affairs regarding the ELN system:
- Train new and existing users to make the most effective use of the ELN system
- Troubleshoot routine and extraordinary issues and investigate support tickets submitted by users
- Interact with molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, and software development teams to determine requirements and optimal solutions given available resources
- Communicate performance status and issues with our ELN vendor and follow up requests.
- Analyze database and laboratory workflows and provide strategy and methods to tune optimize and improve the our ELN System.
- Manage the full lifecycle of ELN (SOP Management, Data Management and Experimental Description/Note Keeping)
- Implement a Full Searchable System, using Google Search, or similar tools.
- Database and workflow development and maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, requirements definition, design, development, installation, maintenance, problem diagnosis of data-intensive software solution projects.
- Support, maintain, and improve our ELN and its associated databases for data capturing and management in an integrated Bio Research Environment
- Research and evaluate new techniques and tools, making recommendations to purchase and/or implement when appropriate
- Ensure optimal system performance by performing testing and audits. Spearhead initiatives to address performance issues both by internal efforts and collaboration with vendors.
- Write robust documentation and is able to communicates effectively for all ELN related issues in a timely fashion, in proper English or with software design tools
- Lead and coordinate technical issue investigations and manage technology resolution implementations
- Actively participate in change control by following procedures and Work Instructions
- Liaise with our ELN/LIMS vendor, other internal technology groups and business users on technology change governance and change prioritization
- Supports all areas of IT and software development. Assists with GMP operations and Electronic Batch Record development and maintenance, bioinformatics, and general application development
We are looking for candidates with this background and education:
- Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science or related computational disciplines. Some background in molecular biology, bioinformatics, and GMP and GLP operations with electronic records (21 CFR 211, 21 CFR 11, 21 CFR 58) is a great advantage.
- Analytical ability to effectively identify issues that affect workflow performance, and provide solutions to improve the performance
- An ability to quickly and accurately discover the needs of teams by collaboration, effective interviewing, review of existing lab data, and occasionally shadowing the teams’ activities.
- An ability to autonomously develop, implement, maintain, and optimize solutions based on the teams’ needs and communicate progress with the team. Strong project management abilities.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of a team
- Understand principles of relational database design and effectively communicate technical concepts
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services and other infrastructure as a service platforms
- Must be able to adapt in a dynamic work environment and cooperate with team members and clients from a broad range of disciplines and subject-level expertise
- Experience with database modeling, design, configuration, optimization, and administration. A grasp of best practices in database schema planning, security, and data integrity
- Impeccable version control, documentation control, and development best practices skills
- Understanding of system enhancement principles and tools, such as Design/Coding/ Performance/ Maintenance
- Familiar with 21 CFR Part 11 compliance and computer system validation
- Demonstrated initiative in learning and utilizing new technologies
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Office 365