Director, Accounting Operations
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM's first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-motivated professional to lead finance and accounting functions. The Director will be responsible for the accounting operations including day-to-day accounting practices to ensure effective and efficient business operations. This requires accounting skills and knowledge, analytical and mathematical skills, organizational and time-management skills, verbal and written communication skills, plus ability to apply attention to detail and manage competing priorities and personnel.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, and accounting systems administrator.
- Oversee compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, including preparation of sales/use tax returns and property tax returns, annual payroll, consultant and stock reporting forms, and coordinate with external tax accountants to prepare state and federal income tax returns.
- Direct month-end and year-end close process, ensuring proper reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and integrity of financial statements.
- Provide support for SEC Filings, earning press releases, audit committee and other financial presentations.
- Maintain accrual process, reviewing and supporting manufacturing, clinical trial and other accruals.
- Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audit process with the auditors.
- Confirm proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions under US GAAP.
- Review of contracts/agreements to identify risks and guide the process to assure proper accounting.
- Manage bank relationship including the investment portfolios, bank accounts, currency forward contracts and credit cards, providing accurate analyses are prepared with respect to detailed support for tax provisions, franchise taxes, sales/use taxes, worker's compensation, 1099s, equity, etc., tax and regulatory filings and other periodic requirements.
- Develop proper design, flowcharts, memo, identification of key controls, documentation, testing of controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Assess and maintain current systems and lead any accounting system implementation.
- Evaluate all corporate insurance needs, prepare annual renewals, and coordinate with broker.
- Provide oversight of stock administration using Equity Edge, warrants and maintain capitalization table.
- Supervise accounting team to ensure efficient operation, including general ledger accountants and accounts payable.
- Identify and implement process improvements, maintaining accurate process documentation and effective internal controls under Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) required.
- 10+ years of progressive financial/accounting management responsibilities with at least 5+ years of management/leadership experience
- Comprehensive and practical knowledge of accounting theories and practices
- Public company experience, required; pharma or biotech company experience, preferred.
- Experience working with Intacct, Equity Edge and ActiveDisclosure, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to function independently and exercise good judgement, as well as be a team-player
- Ability to apply attention to detail as applied to data review and compliance
This position has supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to SVP, Finance & Corporate Controller.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.