Research Associate, Medicinal Chemistry
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Research Associate within medicinal chemistry. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology. As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
As a member of the chemistry department, the successful candidate will be responsible with the preparation of small molecules to support internal drug discovery efforts. Additional responsibilities will relate to synthetic method validation and working closely with biology.
Minimum education and experience requirements include:
- BS/BA and 8+ years (or MS and 4+ years) biotech/pharma industry experience in medicinal chemistry
- Strong working experience with modern enabling technologies for organic synthesis, purification, and spectroscopic interpretation
- Highly organized and able to work with minimal supportive supervision
- Proficient in exploring and interpreting SAR relevant to drug discovery programs
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities including devoting time and energy to building up internal infrastructure as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The preferred candidate will be capable of balancing priorities to meet key team needs while allowing time and effort for novel exploration.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job RAMC2018.01.26 to firstname.lastname@example.org.