Senior Manager, Operational Excellence - Communication, Change Management and Training
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
Pharmacyclics is seeking a
Senior Manager, Operational Excellence - Communication, Change Management and Training (CCMT)
The Senior Manager, Operational Excellence - Communication, Change Management and Training (CCMT) will be responsible for organizational readiness and training(s) for the deployment of business transformation, harmonization and integration of Finance and Infrastructure program(s). This position will manage all aspects of change associated with the transformation and training of the organization to align with business processes, systems and technology, job roles, role mapping, cut-over, hyper-care and organizational structures in conjunction with project and work-stream leaders. This includes oversight and leadership of critical strategic transformation, integration, and all project related change management activities.
The Senior Manager, CCMT will focus on the people side of change. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and trainings that maximize employee adoption and usage while minimizing resistance. This role plays a key function in assisting with all the communication activities associated with Transition and Integration.
Organizational Change Management
- In partnership with the implementation teams, develop and execute Change Management readiness assessment and strategy
- Perform Stakeholder analysis and mapping, identifying potential project impacts/risks
- Design and implement organization and job impact analysis
- Plan and supervise execution of activities related to Change Management and end user readiness
- Facilitates change management and integration project(s) communications within the PCYC
- Communicate and educate the user community on system progress, objectives, and requirements to include a means by which to evaluate and ensure organizational readiness
- Spearhead initiatives to develop employees' understanding and acceptance of impacts on specific job roles, policies, technology impacts and business practices
- Identify and anticipate organizational challenges and/or resistance; develop risk mitigation plan;
- Manage resolution of potential organizational obstacles
- Assist with the development of the detailed team work plan and integration of the Change Management plan into the overall project plan
- Build change leadership knowledge and capabilities across all leaders within the organization.
- Develop and execute Communication plan
- Work with business process teams to ensure that new process and technology design elements are being appropriately communicated to the organization
- Ensure consistent presentation of the project in all internal and external communications
- Coordinate with Project Leads responsible for communicating the change into the organization
- Facilitate meetings and deliver presentations as required
Stakeholder Management Communications and Change Management
- Coordinates the development and delivery of communication materials for all key impacted stakeholders.
- External Customer Communications: Coordinates the development and delivery of external communication plan, content, timing of the communications, etc. Works with the appropriate individuals in coordinating and delivering the communication.
- Employee communications as each location is impacted: Assists in developing impacted employee communication materials and in delivering these materials. Coordinates with Corporate Communication, HR and with Legal.
- Plan, design, and execute the end-user training strategy and plans for ERP system modules based on knowledge of IT-enabled change and benefits delivery
- Work with business process teams to ensure that new design elements are being appropriately communicated to the organization and effectively incorporated into end user training content
- Establish, monitor and evaluate metrics for assessing training effectiveness and ROI (awareness/understanding, speed of adoption, ultimate utilization, etc.)
- Evaluate the optimal instructional approaches for system end-user training
- Conduct train-the-trainer workshops for system Program Managers and Subject Matter Experts
- Review and approve end-user training materials, job aids and videos for consistency and relevance in relation to agreed-upon training objectives
- Evaluate ongoing training needs and manage training credits for business Subject Matter Experts
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting, M.Sc. in Business as advantage
- 5-8 years plus of industry or consulting experience in change management, project management and/or process optimization
- Hands on experience in large scale ERP SAP and Global Target Operating Model implementation , organizational change, change management, communications, organizational development, business readiness and/or pre-and post-implementation project(s)
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, establish clear expectations and execute identified projects
- Experience in the areas of process optimization, change management, process management and standardization
- Excellent root case problem solving and process mapping skills
- Strong computer, proficient in Microsoft Office specially Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to liaise with, speak and present effectively to personnel at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong influencing, communication, and relationship management skills, able to influence without direct authority
- Previous experience in the areas of FP&A, PTP or RTR process management/optimization, and or project management are required
- Manage directly and/or indirectly team members