Research Associate or Associate Scientist, Biology
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company based in San Francisco and Berkeley, California. We are focused on the discovery and development of novel drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases, cancer, and inflammation. Carmot is applying an innovative technology, Chemotype Evolution, to overcome the limitations of conventional discovery technologies and to identify superior drug candidates for challenging therapeutic targets. With multiple discovery programs and partnerships, Carmot is seeking a versatile and creative individual to join our Drug Discovery Platform team.
In this research position you will participate in the discovery of compounds for the treatment of human diseases. You will play a central role in applying Carmot’s lead discovery technology, Chemotype Evolution, to identify novel drug leads for Carmot’s internal or partnered programs. In this position you will use Chemotype Evolution to generate new chemical libraries to screen for novel compounds in biochemical and cell assays. You will be working closely with scientists in biology and chemistry as part of a multidisciplinary team and will have to integrate diverse chemical and biological data to accelerate lead discovery. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and must be motivated by novel challenges, inspired by the pursuit of innovative and creative solutions, and dedicated to generating high-quality data.
- Perform compound screening in biochemical and cell-based assays working with advanced liquid handling instrumentation
- Optimization of automated compound screening, QC and data analysis
- Analysis of compounds, peptides and proteins by mass-spectrometry
- Research planning and experimental design to meet rigorous timelines
- Presentation of research progress at team meetings and company meetings and communication with external collaborators
Required experience and skills:
- BS, MS or PhD in biochemistry, cell biology, chemical biology or related field
- Prior experience with drug discovery and compound screening using biochemical and/or cell based assays
- Experience with robotics, assay automation, and mass-spectrometry is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability and expertise to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent data analysis skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, be well organized and manage multiple overlapping deadlines
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in our stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. This position is located at our Berkeley site. To apply, please forward your resume and contact information to email@example.com and include “Bio 173” in the subject line. Carmot is an equal opportunity employer.