We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with a diversified background in in-vivo and in-vitro biology to join our discovery research team within the Biotherapeutic Lead Generation group. Are you passionate about exploring novel biology with a rationale based and hypothesis-driven scientific approach?
You will join a highly interactive, collaborative, and innovative scientific team to discover and advance large molecule drugs to combat diseases in diabetes, oncology, neurodegenerative and auto-immune areas. You will have the chance to define and execute in-vitro cell-based and biochemical assays to quantitate the activity of novel therapeutic proteins. In addition, you will work on an in-vivo team to innovate technology for the oral delivery of therapeutics across the intestinal barrier. Are you ready for a challenging and rewarding career?
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- B.S. in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology or related field and 2 or more years of academic or industry research experience in cell biology, molecular biology or biochemistry or
- M.S. in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology or related field with an applicable research component
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
- Experience in assay development and implementing assays in testing biologics.
- Experience with a wide range of standard laboratory techniques: ELISA, reporter assays, Western blot analysis, and qPCR.
- Experience using pre-clinical animal models for testing therapeutics and studying pathogenesis of metabolic disease groups and their complications.
- Strong analytical skills; working knowledge of sound experimental design, and data analysis.
- Experience with software for data analysis (Excel, GraphPad Prism, Sigma Plot, etc.).
- Ability to work productively and to foster collaborations in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Effective communication skills, self-management, task planning and organization.
- An ability to work both independently and also in team/cross-functional environments.
- Eagerness to learn and acquire new skills and methodologies as they become necessary in a changing work environment.
- Use of scientific and patent literature to further project development.
- Prior experience supporting drug discovery programs in, or in collaboration with, biotech or pharmaceutical companies.