QC Lab Clerk
The responsibilities of this position are to perform miscellaneous clerical duties including: filing, assay sheet creation, data entry, record keeping, and archiving. In addition, maintaining the electronic QC sheet system on all products, calibration notebooks, donor history files, and master files. Monitor and maintain QC laboratory refrigerated sample inventory. Prepare reference laboratory sample for shipment and complete appropriate documents. Support QC laboratory staff and shipping staff. Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as prepare and distribute meeting minutes, assay sheet entry, laboratory result entry, filing in laboratory and assay office, logging and compiling data, creating spreadsheets, data entry, typing letters and validations. Send out FED-Ex as needed.
- Coordinate copying and distribution of Technical Service reports. Print reports for Laboratory Manager.
- Pull folders from Laboratory & Assay Office for archival. Log product/sequence into archival book. Maintain archival files of product folders.
- Set up and maintain electronic QC sheet system on all products. Functions include: create, edit, add comment lines, and manual entry of assay values and ranges. Enter assay sheets into “Assay Sheet System” and automated transfer of ranges to the QC sheets.
- Enter donor pool instrument results into spreadsheet, prepare and distribute completed donor pool files. Maintain calibration files and donor history file.
- Create “rejected” product files.
- Create new assay/COA worksheets as they are updated. Responsible for maintaining master files.
- Prepare product folders for Laboratory & Assay Office for each sequence for product, customer, and surveys. Copy and complete all necessary documents.
- Maintain laboratory stock refrigerator. Discard product at appropriate time after expiration, rotate in new lots of product, and log all discarded product.
- Prepare assay vials and appropriate documents to be sent to reference laboratories. Coordinate with the shipping department the delivery and shipping of vials.
- Assist Shipping Manager with acquiring and labeling samples from retention for late orders.
- Follow company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Position requires a High School diploma or Equivalent (GED) with a minimum of 1 to 3 years of related experience. Attention to detail, organization, and data analysis skills are required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Computer entry and/or typing skills are required. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, multi task, and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of product life and storage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety.
- Skills in assisting customers/personnel in a professional manner.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high-level accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)