Scientist 1 or Research Associate 4
The responsibilities of this position are to clone, manipulate and express recombinant antibodies from various cell types. Lead small teams to achieve project goals. Design methods for antibody engineering. Determine scientific and technical strategies for high-level antibody expression. The person will also perform activities related to product development.
- Clone and express recombinant antibodies from various sources.
- Antibody engineering.
- Design methods for small and large scale cell culture antibody expression.
- Use molecular biology techniques to support various antibody-related applications.
- Develop protocols for high throughput automation of various cloning and assay functions.
- Develop Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Collaborate with scientists across various departments and functions within the company.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Requires a Ph.D. degree in molecular biology with a minimum of 2 to 4 years or a Master’s degree in molecular biology with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience. Experience in immunology or related field as well as antibody engineering will be highly beneficial. Should have a demonstrated record of publications in peer-reviewed journals. Working knowledge of protein structure-function, expression of complex proteins and antibody variants. Background in antibody characterization using various methods will be a plus. Knowledge of Bioinformatics platforms, Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, multi task, and have sound communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of molecular biology laboratory equipment and software.
- Ability to mine various antibody databases for structure-function studies.
- Knowledge of equipment related to antibody characterization, purification, cell culture, microscopy, automation.
- Working knowledge of bioreactor-enabled culture.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Skills in problem solving; including the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a course of action.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high level accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)