QC Lab Technician
The responsibilities of this position are to test hematology products for homogeneity and fresh whole blood samples by following established methods. Set up, operate, calibrate, and maintain instruments. Monitor instrument performance and troubleshoot the instrument when necessary. QC the product on 50% of the lab instruments. Assist the QC Lab Manager with releasing products to bottle and ship, writing procedures, proofing labels, proofing assay sheets, and proofing instruction sheets. This position will include duties in the Assay Office interpreting data. This position will also attend scheduled meetings and adhere to safety regulations. Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Perform laboratory homogeneity testing on control product
- Proofread documents, box, and vial labels
- Assay Office responsibilities
- Troubleshoot QC instruments when necessary
- Perform manual testing on controls
- Perform QC testing on 50% of the laboratory instruments.
- Perform sign out of bulk tested and bottled product.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related with a minimum of 1 year of laboratory experience or a MLT degree with 0 to 2 years of experience. Attention to detail, organization, and data analysis skills are required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Computer entry and/or typing skills are desirable. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, multi task, and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of the systems, products, and service of the company.
- Skills pertaining to blood drawing preferred.
- Skills pertaining to instrumentation.
- Skills in problem solving.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high-level accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (Mon- Fri 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.; No Evenings No Weekends)