SCIENTIST, ANALYTICAL DEVELOPMENT
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our analytical development and quality control team.
- The Scientist will perform method development and validation, oversee analytical investigations and stability programs, and conduct product characterization for small molecule drugs.
- At Sorrento therapeutics we value a team approach to problem solving, therefore strong organizational, communication, and collaboration skills are required.
- You must be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Good presentation skills are expected and attention to details is essential.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related field with 1+ years of related industrial experience or Master’s degree with 5+ years of related industrial experience.
- Having a broad background, strong comprehension, and demonstrated skills in the analytical methods validation/development areas for small molecules.
- Demonstrated expertise with HPLC and MS for small molecules.
- Demonstrated experience with NMR and other spectroscopic techniques.
- Track record of analytical problem solving.
- Ability to work across functional groups and with external organizations (i.e. CROs and CMOs).
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK INCLUDES
- Design, develop, conduct and/or review experiments including method qualification/validation, and unknown identification utilizing typical instrumentation including but not limited to LC, MS, etc.
- Conduct product lot release and stability study of DS and DP.
- Maintain a legible and accurate record of all pertinent data and testing in the laboratory notebook.
- Write analytical method validation protocols and reports.
- Write and maintain applicable SOPs.
- Work with general direction, broad policies and goals with minimum supervision.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US
- Innovative. You’ll be on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Synergetic. You’ll enjoy our ever changing, but collaborative company culture.
- Rest and Relaxation. Three (3) weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and an on-site gym.
- Benefits. Medical with HMO, PPO, HSA and FSA options, dental/vision, and stock options.
- Prepared for the Future. 401(k) with company match
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we’re looking forward to meeting you. Please attach your CV or resume and note the following job title in the subject line: S_AD_WH and email to jobs@SorrentoTherapeutics.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer