RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, PROTEIN ENGINEERING
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its' extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB™ library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you’re a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of providing ground-breaking impact to medicine, each other, and our patients, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Research Associate with M.S. or B.S. degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or an equivalent field with laboratory research experience in protein engineering.
- M.S. or B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or a closely-related discipline.
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques, including ELISA, DNA manipulations, protein expression and purification and/or phage display library panning.
- Prior experience with antibodies, ELISA, protein engineering, protein expression and/or antibody display formats preferred.
- Previous experience with Octet or Biacore is a plus.
- Ability to work with numerous samples in parallel while following detailed scientific protocols and maintaining meticulous scientific record keeping is required.
- Highly motivated, productive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, thrive within a team, able to communicate scientific information effectively, and be open to and capable of learning new skills efficiently.
- Strong references that support these characteristics are required.
WHAT YOU’LL LIKE ABOUT US
- Innovative. You’ll be on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
- Synergetic. You’ll enjoy our ever changing, but collaborative company culture.
- Rest and Relaxation. Three (3) weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and an on-site gym.
- Benefits. Medical with HMO, PPO, HSA and FSA options, dental/vision, and stock options.
- Prepared for the Future. 401(k) with company match.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we’re looking forward to meeting you. Please attach your CV or resume and note the following job title in the subject line: RA_HZ and email to jobs@SorrentoTherapeutics.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer