Key Responsibilities Include :
- Open all coolers, turn on all ovens, fryers, steam tables; turn on salad bar and fruit bar. Set up bread and butter and other breakfast condiments. Start with cooking hot cereals and cooking breakfast meats in the ovens.
- Make eggs and any breakfast specials, then make any pastries on the menu for the day; make breakfast sandwiches and have line set up by opening of café.
- Prep for next day and be available for any special requests
- Prep grill position for lunch.
- Serve at lunch and continue to batch cook while also taking care of all guests.
- After lunch service, take food off line and discard or cool product down properly and put away. Clean steam table and grill, including area underneath the counter.
- Continue to wipe down area, do GFS order, prep for the next day.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Culinary degree preferred.
- Cooking experience with knowledge of how to prepare eggs, sauces, casseroles and sandwiches. Volume production and batch cooking is a must.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills with proven track record in providing excellent guest service.
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions, written recipes and instructions for menu items.
- Knowledge of the Foodservice menu system, knowledge of the GFS ordering system and the ability to order using the GFS computer ordering system.
- Cashiering experience.
- Proactive team player, flexible with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to adapt to change in a positive manner.
- Excellent work and attendance record.
- Overtime required, flexible work schedule at times. Willing to work in any other job duties that may be assigned.
- Sanitation certificate preferred but not required.