The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for building and testing complex third generation DNA sequencing instruments. The primary focus of this responsibility is completing each instrument build on-time and meeting all defined product specifications and quality requirements upon completion.
• AS Degree in Engineering Technology with 3-5 years of experience in system integration and test of opto-mechanical systems or BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Optical, or Industrial Engineering.
• Experience aligning laser based optical systems a plus.
• Experience operating optical and electronic measurement equipment (e.g. power meters, beam profilers, oscilloscopes, DVM’s) required.
• Must possess the ability to manage schedules independently and complete tasks on-time.
• Must possess the ability to read, understand, and follow written procedures, build of materials, and mechanical drawings.
• Must possess the ability to troubleshoot optical, mechanical, electronic, and software issues.
• Must possess the ability to read and understand software exception messages and logs in order to pinpoint system / calibration issues.
• Basic UNIX command line usage a plus.
• Ability to redline manufacturing assembly and alignment documentation a plus.
• Ability to lift 40lbs.
• Willingness to work overtime as necessary.