Field Applications Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pacific Biosciences™ is seeking a Field Applications Specialist (FAS), with a strong customer focus to support the SMRT™ sequencing workflow and its applications.
- The candidate will employ expertise in customer training, implementation and validation of SMRT™ sequencing, biological insight and bioinformatics.
- The candidate will assess the customer’s experimental needs and implement training, experimental design, and analytical approaches to ensure customer success.
- The ability to communicate with customers both pre- and post-sales; communicate results to diverse audiences; interact with marketing; internal support and development are important aspects of this role.
- A key part of the role will be to work in close conjunction with the EMEA FAS team to share and implement best practices across the entire customer base.
- Collaboration and coordination with the local sales colleagues is essential to maximize consumables utilisation and effectiveness of the SMRT sequencing platform at the customer site. This will involve regular in-person meetings with the appropriate account manager
- The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with customers, as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds. This candidate is a partner to the customer in understanding and analysis of data derived through the use of the SMRT sequencing platform.
Personal Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of a Master’s degree, Ph.D. preferred, in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related Life Science field
- The candidate would support customers within the UK, Eire.
- The role is field based and approximately 50% of work time will be outside home office Ideally, the candidate is home based within UK
- Must have a valid and clean driver’s licence
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a strong team driven environment.
- Proven ability to work remotely/independently, be highly motivated and be able to solve problems as commensurate with a growing organisation
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills. Comfortable engaging with customers and with an internal team across Europe and the United States
Technical Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in field applications and pre- and post- sales customer support, in installation, training, validation, implementation, and application, of next-generation DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Extensive hands-on experience in operating next-generation DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Experienced in molecular genetics, molecular biology and biochemistry laboratory techniques
- Basic experience in data analysis of next-generation DNA sequencing
- Experienced in conducting scientific presentations to internal and external audiences for pre- and post-sales activities
- Sufficient familiarity with the manuscript publication process and associated experimental design requirements
- Excellent trouble-shooting abilities
- Experience of a diagnostic or regulated work environment would be a benefit
- Experience bioinformatics tools to support next-generation DNA sequencing would be a benefit