Project Manager, Drug Development
In this role, you’ll be responsible for supporting the overall coordination, oversight and management of drug product development projects including monitoring project status, timelines and budgets.
Our ideal candidate will have an understanding of the other functional groups within the cross-functional areas– Nonclinical, CMC, Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, etc. – and have the ability to anticipate what the effects of a task or scope change will have on the other functions within the cross-functional team. If you are/have been a member of a cross-functional drug development team for 2 – 3 years either in a project manager role or as a representative of a functional group and have gained knowledge of the drug development process as well as cross-functional knowledge in the drug development process, we’d like to hear from you!
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
The company’s drug product OMIDRIA® (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1% / 0.3% is marketed in the U.S. for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission has approved OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery and other IOL replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has multiple Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-associated thrombotic microangiopathies; complement-mediated glomerulonephropathies; Huntington’s disease and cognitive impairment; and addictive and compulsive disorders. In addition, Omeros has a diverse group of preclinical programs and a proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds, a number of which are in preclinical development. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Developing, managing and maintaining the project scope and schedule for each project that is assigned
- Effectively working and partnering with team members and functions across the organization to obtain and update planned activities
- Communicating current project status and timelines to ensure teams understand deliverables
- Managing change control to maintain accurate timelines and financial forecasts
- Applying project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of project
- Interacting with research and development, marketing, manufacturing, and regulatory departments and with external stakeholders, as appropriate
What experience and education do you need?
You will need a college degree in a scientific discipline and 2 - 5 years project management experience on drug development teams in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry. A PMP Certification is preferred.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience:
- Expertise in the ability to design, analyze and review project plans, identify threats to plans, and to communicate plan status to the team members, functions, and management
- Previous experience/exposure across a variety of cross-functional teams is a plus
- Expert proficiency in MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint as well as familiarity with SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to manage expectations, prioritize work load, and navigate ambiguity comfortably
What skills does our ideal candidate have?
As our ideal candidate, you’ll need the following skills and knowledge:
- Drug development project management experience is a plus
- Knowledge of scientific principles and concepts is desired
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management and co-workers
If you have the skills, knowledge and experience we are looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.